Do you feel anxious and stressed a lot? And what do you do when you feel anxious and stressed? Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed and not know how to deal with your stress and anxiety and wish someone could help you with it? Well you’re in luck! Here are seven ways that can help with relieving your stress and anxiety.
- Pause everything : First thing to try is to pause your thoughts; pause everything you’re doing and give yourself the permission to calm down. You then tell yourself that everything is going to be OK.
- Practice deep breathing: Once you tell yourself that everything is OK and you’re calmed down, try to practice deep breathing. You start with imagining in your head a place where you feel the happiest and most relaxed. Use your own imagination to create a picture in your head in which you’re sitting peacefully and breathing calmly. For example you can be sitting next to a waterfall in a rain forest or on a sunny white sand beach. You then try to do at least five deep breathing exercise; inhale and exhale for five seconds each. As you exhale, imagine all the stress in your body is going out with your breath.
- Talk about it: If you still feel anxious or stressed then try talking to someone you can trust with your personal feelings. Tell them exactly what’s happening in your head and body. You will definitely feel much lighter and be glad you did it. There is nothing wrong with letting your loved ones help with carrying some of your emotional weight.
- Write it down: If you don’t feel like sharing your secrets or feelings with others, then you can try writing them down. This is where journalling comes in handy. You can get a journal for yourself and write down everything that you’re thinking and feeling. Don’t leave out anything, just write it all out and write your heart out.
- Dancing and exercising: This is another good way of relieving stress and anxiety. When you dance and exercise your body creates chemicals called endorphins which creates positive feelings in your body. Even animals like horses and dogs shake their bodies to let off built-up tense energy after a long run. So just let yourself go and dance, jump around and exercise. This will also boost your energy level and help with your mood.
- Mother nature: Going out into the mother nature is another great way to help you deal with stress and anxiety. As human beings, we are all connected to the mother nature in many ways. When you’re out in nature and look at the small animals, the flying birds, the water, the trees, or breathe the fresh air, you definitely feel so much better in many ways. If you’re not comfortable going out due to the covid or some other reasons, then try at least to open your window and doors daily to let the fresh air flow through your house. Daily home air exchange is very important.
- Hugs: The last but not least, giving hugs is another way you can try to help deal with your stress and anxiety. Hugging creates positive hormones in your body called the oxytocin which creates happiness and reduce stress. Hugging also gives your warmth which is comfortable and makes you feel better. If you prefer not to hug someone else or worry about social distancing, then try hugging your pillow, a blanket, or a stuffed animal. Trust me, anything helps.
I hope these tips can be helpful to you! Don’t forget to share this blog post if you think someone could benefit from it!
CLICK HERE ⬇︎TO READ MORE ABOUT
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO FOR MORE DETAIL⬇︎