What is happiness for you? Everyone has different answers to this question…
For me, happiness is very simple; happiness means peace. I feel happy when I have nothing to worry about and feel peaceful at heart.
Most importantly, my family must be safe and sound in order for me to feel peaceful at heart and be happy. At the end of the day, family is everything one can have and receive truly unconditional love from in this world. I am sure most of us feel the same way about our families and agree with me that family is number one in life.
So other than my family, what else can make me happy?
In today’s materialistic society, which is filled with luxury items & lifestyles, a lot of people feel they would be so happy if they had them all.
I, too, believe that we as humans love new and beautiful things. Every time I buy a new outfit or a new bag I feel super happy; but then, I realize I will be happy for a short moment only to be looking for something else to buy to keep that excitement alive. Once I get the next new thing and be happy for a moment, I then continue looking forward to the next one. It is a vicious cycle that keeps going on and on.
But when I sit and think about it, I know in my heart that health and family always come before my materialistic world. I am thankful and appreciate the fact that I can afford to own some luxurious items that I want; however, to me they are just things that I adore rather than things that make me feel happy as a person. The only thing that can make me happy is something that can touch my soul. As I mentioned earlier, my family is my biggest happiness including the memories that I had from my childhood. There were a lot of good memories from back then that I will never forget and always look back at whenever I feel down.
So today, I just want to write down everything that makes me happy and I hope my lists can also remind you guys of your list of happiness. I really encourage you guys to do the same. Take out your journal or a diary; get one if you don’t have one. Start writing down what makes you happy in life. This can really cheer you up and remind you what really matters in your life!
So here is my list of happiness:
- Spending time with my husband & son, having our own little family time & dates.
- Eating home-cooked meals at my parents’ house. There is no better food than the ones cooked by your mother. it’s just something so precious and I like to enjoy as long as I can.
- Spending quality time with my little sister. Chatting with her about her school life. Seeing her grow up everyday also makes me very proud and happy to be an older sister.
- Listening to my dad talk about politics and history.
- Listening to my mom talk about life and inspiring stories she hears from her friends.
- Cooking with my husband. We try to cook together as much as we can because it helps get the food done quicker and we can use this opportunity to talk about our days and gossip about our 3 year old son :)))
- Going for a walk after dinner. This helps me not only to burn off the calories but also enjoy the fresh air outside.
- Traveling with my family. I can’t leave this out because travelling means so much to my husband and I. We really work our butts off to make sure we can travel as much as we can. Travelling is something that we both enjoy and it is part of our lifestyle. Travelling helps us make more memories together as a family and also reduces stresses from everyday life. It really gives us a break and remind us of how beautiful the world is with its amazing scenery, people, and culture.
- Writing my heart out. This makes me happy because when I write I can be my true self and tell my own stories & experiences that are different from everyone else’s. I’m an introvert; therefore, writing out my ideas and feelings can really help me express my own mind and who I really am as a person.
- Seeing my family happy. They are part of me and I can’t be 100% happy when they are not.
- Planning for my future goals. This motivates me to improve & grow as a person and keep my brain busy. Having a vision for my future can help me stay focused and improve myself as much as I can.
- Achieving my goals. Seeing your hard work has paid off always is the best reward and motivation.
- Praying. I might not be the most religious person and I don’t really talk about religion related stuff because I believe religion is very personal; it’s a relationship between you and God regardless of what religions you believe in. Believing that everything in this world exist and happen for a reason, and knowing that there is much bigger power out there to having my back really connects me to the universe and my spirituality.
- Having deep conversations. There is nothing more meaningful than being able to talk about things with people who have same mentality & share same vision as you.
- Reading good books, especially self-help & inspirational type of books. Not only I can learn so much from them, but I can also apply the knowledge on my everyday life. It just helps me keep improving myself and stay focused on what really matters in life.
- Helping others. Whether it’s random acts of kindness or donating to a cause or a charity, helping others and seeing them smile make me very happy.
- Hugging people. I love to hugging people and sharing the positive energy.
- Decluttering. I should be doing this more often than I actually do. Whenever I declutter my home and when everything is clean & organized, I feel super happy and refreshed.
- Seeing my son grow. At the end of the day, I am a mother and I just enjoy my time with him where I can teach him how to become a better person.
- Taking care of myself and treating myself. I love going out and having my favourite food, doing my nails & hair, putting on makeup and dressing up, taking a selfie, and anything that can make me feel good as a woman. After all, today is the youngest you’ll ever be!
There are many more other things that make me happy and I think I will have bigger list as I get older. I know that these 20 items on my list will never change because I truly realized nothing in life is more important than living itself by writing down my 20 items on this list.
Nothing is more important than being alive to being with your loved ones. So go create memories and enjoy every moment while you can!!
Click here ⬇︎ to read more about 26 life lessons that I learned in 26 years
Loved this article? Don’t forget to share it with your friends!?