Bullying doesn’t happen to kids and teenagers only, it can happen to anyone! Many adults struggle with this issue at work, social gatherings with friends, and even at home.
It’s never okay to be bullied and you have the power to stop it. You can stop it. And you must stop it!
“Be STRONG, BUT NOT RUDE.
BE KIND, BUT NOT WEAK.
BE BOLD, BUT DON’T BULLY.
BE HUMBLE, BUT NOT SHY.
BE PROUD , BUT NOT ARROGANT.” – Jim Rohn
Here are few ways to handle bullies:
- Know that you have a voice. When you see a bully, you should stand up and confront them. Never give bullies the power. You owe nothing to the bullies!
- If there is a person or a group that is affecting your life seriously, if you feel uncomfortable and having a hard time to go to school or work, or if they threaten you in anyway and you don’t feel safe to confront them, report it to a person in power, such as a teacher, principle or a police officer who has the power and tools to help you. You are a human-being and you have the right to be protected!
- Talks to someone you can trust and pour your heart out, don’t keep everything inside. If you don’t feel comfortable talking to someone then write it out on a paper or a personal journal; it will help you release toxic energy out of your mind and body.
- If the bully is just someone that tries to make fun of you or bring you down, just laugh at it. Insecurities are loud; those who try putting you down must feel insecure about themselves around you. Don’t let them affect you. Just ignore it!!
- If someone is spreading rumours about you or giving you bad nicknames and labels behind your back, let them have all the attentions that they want. You just focus on yourself and on positive things around you. At the end of the day, those names and labels won’t matter; they are not true if you don’t allow them to be. We won’t be on this earth forever; those labels will not last forever.
- Thank your bullies! Thank them for showing you the real world which is not always full of nice and smiley people. Bullies are everywhere in our society. We can’t always avoid them but we can totally ignore them! So remember that and keep going forward!
- Always remember that we are all incredible individuals and we were created for a purpose. We are all here to learn and grow together! Keep in mind that you are worthy, you are important and you are ENOUGH! So, Love yourself; take care of your mental and physical health. Most importantly protect your inner peace and stay kind and beautiful.
Loved this article? Don’t forget to share it with your friends!?